I convinced myself the experience I had aquired from being in sales and the restaurant business for 35 years made me a shoe in for success. I could talk with anyone about almost anything, therefore, I would have no problem presenting my product. I thought all I had to do was make business cards, spread a few flyers around town and explain the benefits of my product to everyone I saw. I called myself having "a plan". I was good to go! I quit my job! I told myself I was now the ruler of my own destiny!
I went nowhere! Noone would talk with me. That "plan" DID work --when I sold makeup door to door 20 years ago! I couldn't figure out why it was not working NOW. I started reading and reading and yet MORE reading. I read so much my hair started to curl!! I was learning an entire new vocabulary! What is reverse funneling? What is social media? Facebook? Are you kidding? I don't want to do Facebook---that is like scrapbookking for kids isn't it? And what in the WORLD is Twitter? So I read some more. Finally it all started to make sense. I am forming a NEW plan. And that new plan is what I will be sharing with you in the weeks to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment